Case managers asses the elderly, blind and disabledin both Alamosa and Saguache Counties to determine functional abilities. Medicaid eligibility is a requirement. Services are accessed to allow those clients to stay in their own home as opposed to a nursing home placement.
Persons that are elderly and/or disabled are assessed for alternatives to Nursing Home Care, whereby services will be given in the home. Services may include homemaking, personal care, home modifications, electronic monitoring, adult day services, non-medical transportation, alternative care facility, respite care and consumer directed attendant support.
- HCBS: Elderly, Blind, Physically Disabled (EBD) Waiver
- Serves adults (18+) who need care on a long term basis due to age and/or physical disability.
- HCBS: Brain Injury (BI) Waiver
- Serves people age 16 to 64 who have a brain injury and as a result require extra support to live in their home.
- HCBS: Children with Life Limiting Illness (CLLI) Waiver
- Serves children birth through age 18 who have a life limiting illness as certified by a physician.
- HCBS: Community Mental Health Support Services (CMHS) Waiver
- Serves adults (18+) who need care/supervision on a long term basis due to major mental illness.
- Home Care Allowance
- Serves children and adults who need help to meet basic needs like homemaking and personal care. Recipients must receive SSI.
Basic Financial Requirements
- Must be functionally eligible and financially eligible as determined by the Department of Human Services.
Home Modifications &, Repair
- USDA Rural Development Single Family Housing Repair Loans &, Grants in Colorado
- Provides loans to very-low-income homeowners to repair, improve or modernize their homes.
- Provides grants to elderly very-low-income homeowners to remove health and safety hazards.
- Contact the Alamosa Service Center at (719) 589-5661
101 South Craft Drive
Alamosa, CO 81101-2273
- Energy Resource Center (ERC) provides weatherization services at no charge for income qualified individuals and families.
- Upgrades include:
- Air sealing
- Contact the San Luis Valley Office at (719) 587-9492
1825 State Avenue
Alamosa, Colorado 81101
- Upgrades include: