Alamosa County Clerk & Recorder
The Clerk and Recorder's Office is responsible for:
- Register motor vehicles including titles, plates, permits, and VIN inspections.
- Registering Voters
- Conducting all primary, general and county elections, as well as contracted municipal and school district elections.
- Recording all real estate transactions,
- Maintaining Birth, Death and other Vital Records,
- Issuing liquor licenses,
- Issuing and recording Marriage Licenses
Ph. (719) 589-6681 | F. (719) 589-6118
8999 Independence Way | Suite 101
Alamosa, Colorado | 81101
Election, Marriage, & Recording: Monday - Friday | 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Motor Vehicles: Monday - Thursday | 8:00 a.m.- 4:15 p.m | Friday | 8:00 a.m.- 3:45 p.m.
Photo Credit: NPS/Patrick Myers
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
To all voting residents of Alamosa County, please be advised that you may have already received or will receive your official 2020 general election ballot in the next several days. The voting instructions included with the ballot instruct you to “Place your ballot inside of the secrecy sleeve” before placing it in the official return envelope. This instruction was provided in error. There is NO “secrecy sleeve” provided with the ballot and a secrecy sleeve is not required in order for your ballot to be counted. All properly filled out ballots will be counted. Please be sure to follow all other instructions and ensure that you sign and date the self-affirmation located on your official return envelope.