The Alamosa County Sheriff's Office is responsible for law enforcement, investigations, and detention in unincorporated Alamosa County.
ALL questions about hearing date/times, court dockets, and court cases can be researched here or call (719) 589-4996
1315 17th Street
Alamosa, Colorado 81101
Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m
FOR ALL EMERGENCIES DIAL 911
Photo Credit: NPS/Patrick Myers
Non-emergency Phone Numbers
- Non-Emergency Dispatch: (719) 589-5807
- Alamosa City Police Department: (719) 589-2548
- Alamosa Fire Department: (719) 589-2593
- Adams State University Police: (719) 587-7901
- Colorado State Patrol: (719) 589-2503
- Mosca-Hooper Volunteer Fire Department: (719) 378-2339
Fingerprinting is often required for:
- Adoption/foster care
- School employees
- Licenses (day care, real estate, etc.)
- VIN Inspections
- A Deputy will verify the VIN number and provide you with a form to take to the County Clerk’s Office for registering your vehicle.
- VIN inspections are required if your vehicle was purchased out of Colorado or if your vehicle has an out-of-state title.
- Local Sex Offender Registry
- All sex offenders must register annually.
- If a sex offender moves into or within the state, they must register with the Sheriff's Department within 5 business days.
- Research the sex offender registry here.
The Sheriff's Department operates the county jail.
- Visiting hours for the county jail are: Saturday and Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- To see if someone is in the county jail, you may call (719) 589-6608.
- Money may be deposited into a commissary account for an inmate here.
Rules for Inmates and Visitors
- Inmates are only allowed WHITE clothing, underwear, t-shirts, etc.
- Any other color clothing will NOT be accepted.
- All visitors must have a picture ID and be cleared for warrants through the detention deputy on duty
- All visitors must be fully dressed in appropriate, conventional clothing which is not unduly provocative, suggestive, or revealing.
- All minor children must be properly supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
- Any person who smells of alcohol and/or appears to be intoxicated, or who appears to be on/under the influence of any drugs shall not be admitted.