Notice is hereby given that

a public Logic and Accuracy test for the 2021 Coordinated Election will take place on October 6, 2021

in the County Clerk's Office located at 8999 Independance Way, Ste 101 at 8:30 a.m.


This test is open to the public.


Please call the Alamosa County Clerk's Office

at 719-589-6681 for more information


For sample ballot click HERE.                                                                      For Notice of Election click HERE.


Elections Department

The election department is responsible for voter registration: compilation of ballots, absentee ballots, and early voting ballots for regular primary, general and special county elections. The department is also responsible for election judge training, coordinating all Election Day operations, tabulation of Election Day results, and the certification of the election with the County Canvass Board. Voter registration may be done at either the Alamosa County Clerk and Recorder’s office or at any city/town municipal clerk's office in Alamosa County, or at any department of motor vehicles office. Mail registration forms are also available at those locations.

Frequently Asked Questions

        What are the responsibilities of the Election Department

Voter registration including:

  • Compilation of ballots, absentee ballots, and early voting ballots for regular primary,
  • General and special county elections.
  • Election judge training,
  • Coordinating all Election Day operations,
  • Tabulation of Election Day results, 
  • Certification of the election with the County Canvass Board
        How do I become eligible to vote?

In order to be eligible to vote, you must register in the county in which you reside. By registering, you declare your residency in the State of Colorado within the County and District of your actual physical residence. You must be a Colorado resident at least 22 days before the election to be eligible to vote

        What are the requirements to register to vote?
  • Be a U.S. citizen.
  • Be 16 years of age Reside in this state at least 22 days before the election
  • Provide your Colorado driver’s license number, Colorado state issued ID number, or last 4 of your social security number if you do not have a Colorado driver’s license or ID number
        Can I vote if I am not yet 18 years of age?

Yes, if you will be 18 on or before Election Day.

        Do I have to bring my identification to vote?

Yes, it is necessary to present identification when you vote early or vote at the polling place.During the 2003 legislative session, the General Assembly of Colorado passed House Bill 1356 and Senate Bill 102 which requires identification to be presented at your polling place in order to vote.

        What is an acceptable form of ID when voting?
  • A valid Colorado driver’s license;
  • A valid identification card issued by the Department of Revenue in accordance with the requirements of Part 3 of Article 2 of Title 42, C.R.S.;
  • A valid U.S. passport;
  • A valid employee identification card with a photograph of the eligible elector issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the United States government or of this state, or by any county, municipality, board, authority, or other political subdivision of this state;
  • A valid pilot’s license issued by the federal aviation administration or other authorized agency of the United States;
  • A valid U.S. military identification card with a photograph of the eligible elector;
  • A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of the elector. For example:
    • A cable bill or telephone bill,
    • Documentation from a public institution of higher education in Colorado containing at least the name, date of birth, and legal residence address of the student elector,
    • A paycheck from a government institution or private company, or A Certificate of Degree of Indian or Alaskan Native Blood.
    • A valid Medicare or Medicaid card issued by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (formerly the United States Health Care Financing Administration);
    • A certified copy of a U.S. birth certificate for the elector issued in the United States; Certified documentation of naturalization;
    • A valid student identification card with a photograph of the eligible elector issued by an institute of higher education in Colorado, as defined in section 23-3.1-102(5), C.R.S.;
    • A valid veteran identification card issued by the United States department of veteran’s affairs or veteran’s health administration with a photograph of the eligible elector.
    • A valid identification card issued by a federally recognized tribal government certifying tribal membership.
    • Verification that a voter is a person committed to the department of human services and confined and eligible to register and vote shall be considered sufficient identification of such person for the purposes of section 1-2-210.5, C.R.S.
        What if I don't bring an acceptable form of ID to the polling place?

You may be required to vote on a provisional ballot. Save the hassle and bring your ID when you vote!

        When do I vote?

In person voting is available during regular business hours starting June 22, 2020 for the June 30, 2020 Primary Election and starting October 19, 2020 for the November 3, 2020 General Election conducted by the County Clerk & Recorder.

        How do I update my address information after I’ve moved?

If you move from your voter registration address, you must change your new address with the County Clerk & Recorder. You may either go online to: govotecolorado.gov, mail your address change to our office, email us at elections@alamosacounty.org, fax us at (719) 589-6118 or come into our office at 8999 Independence Way, Alamosa, CO 81101.

        How do I become Poll Worker (Election Judge)?
  • Be an eligible elector.
  • Be mentally and physically able to perform all required tasks.
  • Attend a training class.
  • Not have been convicted of election fraud or any other election offense

If you meet the qualification above, simply notify the Elections Department at the County Clerk & Recorder's office. Remember, judges are paid by the County for their efforts.