The Department of Human Services provides services which assist individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency and social well being. Services include financial, food, and medical care assistance. Services may be provided either directly by department personnel, and/or through collaborations or contracts with other community agencies.
Human Services aids individuals and families through programs to protect adults and children when most in need. Services provided through this department also assist youth/families in properly handling family and community conflicts and may assist in helping people become employed.
Ph. (719) 589-2581| F. (719) 589-9794
8900-C Independence Way
Alamosa, Colorado 81101
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Human Services Director
Photo Credit: NPS/Patrick Myers
From the date the agency receives your completed application, we must act within:
- 7-days for Expedited Food Assistance;
- 30-days for Food Assistance;
- 45-days for Colorado Works/TANF, Colorado Supplement, Old Age Pension (OAP)
- 60-days for State Aid to the Needy Disabled (AND) and Aid to the Blind (AB)
- 90-days for Medicaid applications based on disability for Long Term Care.