Public Health is the branch of medicine concerned with the prevention and control of disease and the promotion of physical and mental health of individuals, families and the community.
Public Health serves all persons in Alamosa County with traditional public health services such as communicable disease investigation and disease prevention activities.
Emily Brown, MPH, CPH, serves as the Interim Director of Alamosa County Public Health Department under the governance of the Board of Commissioners.
Ph. (719) 589-6639
8900 A-B Independence Way
Alamosa, Colorado 81101
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Interim Public Health Director
Photo Credit: NPS/Patrick Myers
Alamosa County is at Level Green on the Dial. Covid-19 vaccine is now available to those age 12 and above.
The current public health order for Alamosa is CDPHE’s Sixth Amended Public Health Order 20-38 Limited COVID-19 Restrictions, dated August 31, 2021. This order includes, but is not limited to, requirements for:
· Face coverings
· Businesses and government entities
· Schools and child care
- Communicable Disease Prevention
- Emergency Preparedeness
- Environmental Health
- Health Fair
- Home Health
- Options for Long-term Care
- Partnership for Health Teen Sexuality
- Public Health Planning
- Substance Abuse Prevention
- Women's Health
Local Health Contacts
San Luis Valley Health 106 Blanca Alamosa, CO, 81101 (719) 589-2511
- SLVRMC Physician Services: 106 Blanca Alamosa, CO, 81101, (719) 589-3000
- Valley Wide Health Systems
- Sierra Blanca Medical Center
- Convenient Care Community Clinic
- Alamosa Family Medical Clinic: 106 Blanca 1131 Main St. 1710 First St. Alamosa, CO, 81101, (719) 589-3658 or (719) 589-2562 or (719) 589-3658
- Rock Creek Family Medicine: 77 Adcock Place Alamosa, CO, 81101 (719) 589-2370
San Luis Valley Regional Medical Center 106 Blanca Alamosa, CO. 81101 (719) 589-3000
- Mental Health
San Luis Valley Behavioral Health Center 8745 Rd. 9 South Alamosa, CO. 81101 (719) 589-3671
- City Market (719) 589-6656
- Genoa Healthcare: (719) 937-4750
- Safeway (719) 589-3076
- Walgreens (719) 589-3165
- Walmart (719) 589-9021
- Staying Healthy Around Animals: Animals provide many benefits to humans. Interactions with animals helps us learn more about animals and helps to build an important animal-human bond. Pets comfort us and give us companionship. However, some animals can also pass diseases to people.
- What to know before burning outdoors: Open Burning Information